Saturday, June 11, 2011

Coupon Policies - Walmart

As I promised in my last post, I will be posting some different coupon policies today.  Some advice I have for you, whether new or expierenced couponers, is take the coupon policy with you when you are shopping.  There are times that the cashiers or even management is unfamiliar with the stores coupon policy.  For example, I was buying Reach Floss at Walmart for $0.88 and had a $1/1 coupon and the cashier scanned it and then proceeded to tell me that I couldn't use a coupon for something priced less than the coupon, but said she would give it to me anyway....and I didn't have the coupon policy with me.  If I had I could have informed her, and shown her, that Walmart does allow overage.  So make sure you keep your eyes out for those who do not know the policy!



We'll start with the one store that most towns will have...Walmart.  Click here for the Walmart Policy.  Below are the highlights of the Walmart Policy of what they do and do not accept:
  • Printable Coupons
    • Coupons must be scannable
    • Coupons must have an expiration date
    • BOGO Free coupons must have a specified price (generally will say "up to $___")
    • May not be duplicated (This is a big NO NO! Do not commit coupon fraud.)
  • Manufacturer's Coupons
    • They do allow FREE product coupons, but cannot be printed off the computer
    • plus those listed above
  • Competitor's Coupons
    • A specific item, for a specific price (i.e. Walgreens in-ad coupons for $0.99/3 Chex Mix)
    • BOGO Free with a specific price
  • Checkout Coupons (AKA: Catalinas)
    • Must have "Manufacturer Coupon" with a specified price
  • One coupon per item
  • No limit on coupons per transaction
  • If coupon value exceeds the price of the item, the excess may be given to the customer as cash or applied toward the basket purchase. (my favorite part)
Okay that was the highlights plus some.  If you have any questions about couponing at Walmart please let me know and I will do my best to answer the question(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment