Friday, June 10, 2011

First Post! WELCOME!

Welcome to the first post for "Couponing 4 the Working Woman" (or man).  I've been "couponing" on an off for around 5 years now, since I first started college.  At the beginning I would just get on to coupons.com and print off the different coupons I thought would be cool to use at the grocery store.  At the time I was probably spending more on groceries than necessary because I found "cool coupons" that I just HAD to use.  Well now that it's been a few years and I've really been on my own I've learned that it is pointless to use coupons and spend MORE on items I don't actually need.  I got back into the couponing thing a few short months ago and have actually been couponing to get things that my family needs.  I have to admit that "Extreme Couponing" on TLC really got me back into the swing of things.  Now many of you have seen this show and see how EXTREME it really is, and how unrealistic it really is, but I plan to help all of those out there who have full (or part) time jobs and little time for couponing.  The show shows that these people take 40 hours a week to do their couponing for one grocery trip.  Who has that much time after work, kids, pets, and a life?  So here, on this blog, I plan to help those out there who have little time for trying to do this "extreme" couponing and do real couponing and talk about other ways to save us and our families some money. 

I would love for your comments and emails on any suggestions, or if you know of any great sales or coupons currently out there.  Just like the title says I also work, so unlike some of these other blogs, I won't be posting multiple times a day.  Now don't get me wrong these other couponing sites are great, and I do follow a couple, but for those of us who aren't home the majority of the day don't have time for getting on the internet every hour, so this blog will be more realistic for the person out there who works 40 hours a week.

My first couple of blogs will highlight some of the different stores' couponing policies.  Now I live in a smaller town and only have Walmart, Kroger, and Walgreens, but I have shopped the sales at CVS and so I can give some insight to that as well.  Sorry for those who use Rite-Aid because I am unfamiliar with their stores, but I will look in to finding out the coupon policy for all of you out there.  If you have any other suggestions on which stores I should contact PLEASE let me know.  I know there are some stores that have their policies online, but I do plan to write a letter to some of these major corporations in hopes of getting some "couponing basics" from their higher ups.

This blog was longer than I intended, I sometimes ramble on a bit, but I hope I got my point across.  Please stay tuned for the next blog about some different coupon policies!

-The Working Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment