Saturday, November 5, 2011

BzzAgent: Maybelline Update


Okay, so I tried out the Maybelline products today.  As a BuzzAgent, I received the mascara and lip balm FREE to try out and test.  Now, that I've started to test the products, I figured I would talk about my first impressions of the products and rate them on scale of 1 to 10. (sorry for the awful photos!)


Baby Lips Repairing Lip Balm - I decided to keep the Peppermint scented one for myself and have been using it all day.  For those of you who know me, I have very dry lips...some even say that I'm addicted to lip balm (of any sort).  I'm not particularly picky about my lip balm, usually it mostly depends on what is cheapest or on sale, on which one I buy/use.  Well, the Baby Lips is supposed to moisturize your lips for 8 hours, plus it has sunscreen in it.  Both make it a plus in my book, but my lips did not stay moisturized for that long.  I actually think it lasted about 30 minutes and then my lips were dry again.  That's not unusual for lip balm when it comes to my lips, so for someone who doesn't have extremely dry lips, it may actually last longer.
Score - 6 (for not being any better than any other lip balm)


Great Lash Lots of Lashes - All 5 of the samples I receive were the same.  I already use Maybelline Great Lash BIG on a everyday basis, so I decided I would kind of compare to the product I use daily.  The Lots of Lashes is a washable mascara, and it did wash off easily.  I have decided in the past that washable is way more preferable than waterproof, so that was a plus with this sample.  Also, the product is supposed to make you look like you have more eye lashes, but I didn't notice much of a difference compared to BIG.  The mascara brush was different and maybe if I had applied more mascara to my lashes there would be more of a difference.  But I am not a fan of clumpy mascara and I figured if I put anymore on, we'd start getting to that clumpy state.
Score - 8 (for similarity to BIG)

If you're interested in becoming a BzzAgent and trying out new products then head on over to BzzAgent and sign up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment