Sunday, May 6, 2012

Live Below the Line: Starts tomorrow!

Live Below The Line


Live Below the Line starts tomorrow.  A few weeks (here) ago I told you all that I was participating in this project to help raise awareness to poverty and to raise money for UNICEF.  I will be eating on $1.50/day (or $7.50 for Monday through Friday).  That's $0.50/meal...not much.  So below is the list of my groceries that I have purchased and the cost of each:

Bread $0.99
Eggs $1.77
Peanut Butter $1.50
Spaghetti $1
Spaghetti Sauce $0.89
Mashed Potatoes $0.60
Sunny D $0.44
Total = $7.19

So the plan is to eat toast and eggs for breakfast, peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, and spaghetti with mashed potatoes at dinner.  I do have Sunny D for a drink as well.  So this does not provide a lot of variety, but as you can imagine it's hard to eat on $1.50/day.  If I had rounded up a crew of folks we could have pulled our money together and bought a larger variety and shared meals together.  Either way, this is not a lot of money to live on each day and 1.4 billion people do it everyday.  So for a simple 5 days this will be worth it if it'll help raise awareness.  So please check out my video below and if you are interested in donating then please do so here!


No comments:

Post a Comment